"But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge."
Psalms 73:28



THE PURPOSE OF "THE FIRST LADIES" IS TO BE A BRIGHT SPOT IN THE LIVES OF WOMEN WHO MINISTER TO OTHERS IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The First Ladies of GVBA

Ok....you are not being asked to make a run for the White House, although it would be fun to decorate...think of the budget you would have!  This blog is so named because of a very special thing that happened to me a few years ago.  As a young pastor's wife, I had many lessons to learn and many things yet to experience.  We were serving in our first church after Tim had graduated from Southwestern Seminary in Fort Worth, and everything was new and different...you probably know exactly what I am talking about!  On one of the very first Sundays in our new church, I walked into the auditorium only to be singled out with a loud proclamation ..."There she is, she is coming down the aisle now....my First Lady".  Well, you can imagine I started looking for a very special guest from Washington DC!  I looked around in anticipation then realized that she was talking to me!   Later, this precious African American woman explained that in the "Black" congregations the pastor's wife was called "The First Lady" of the church...a distinction of great honor!  Well, from that point on, for many years  I was Madge's First Lady.  It was a true blessing to be that for her!   I have continued to love the ministry of being  "The First Lady."

This is a distinction that you also hold!  You are a very special woman, not only to the Lord and your family, but also to the people of your husband's ministry.  Now... we all know that this sounds GREAT, but along with this honor also comes MANY challenges, MANY hills to climb, MANY valleys to travel.  It is my hope that our on-line devotional time and this blog will serve as a time of sharing, growing, loving, crying, screaming, laughing, and most of all honoring our Lord Jesus as we share our ministry experiences together.

The "First Ladies" blog and devotions are still a process in the works, but I am very excited about it all and look forward to what the Lord has for us!   

I love each of you dearly...you are my heroes! 

lori

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Lori! What a great "First Lady" story. Madge was an encourager, wasn't she?

    I've only been a preachers wife for almost four years and have been extremely loved on, so far. Praise God!

    Thank you for creating this blog and I look forward to reading and participating with everyone.

    ReplyDelete